Servicing Jacksonville and surrounding areas, Sun Coast provides the highest level, most thorough marine surveying of sail and power vessels. Good is not enough. Sun Coast performs well above expected standards in the boating industry. Our marine surveys and consulting are serviced throughout the state of Florida. Requests for surveys are also honored across the United States, throughout the Caribbean and internationally where required. We offer a wide range of important marine services that help you know the vessel you’re purchasing before you buy:
- Pre-purchase, appraisal, insurance, damage, thermal imaging, ultrasonic, and consultation services
- Sailing or power boats or yachts
- Report is typically sent via email within three to five business days after the survey (some exceptions may apply)
- We work most weekends and holidays
- Fully insured
SunCoast Accepts All Major Credit Cards
How to Start. It’s Easy to Arrange for one of our Surveyors…
We have created this website to provide a very simple and easy system of starting your marine survey. It includes the ability for you to review our surveyor’s qualifications, observe samples of our previous marine survey reports, and review our work agreement.
Our Goal During Your Marine Survey…
Our goal is to find and report problems before they can generate large expenses or compromise the safety of the crew or vessel. A qualified marine surveyor has the experience to know where to look for potential problems. Do not buy any vessel without an independent expert survey and appraisal.
Important Items to Consider…
A detailed marine survey of a new or used boat puts you in the position of being able to negotiate the sale price or for any repairs or restoration work required before a purchase. Typically this amounts to thousands of dollars in savings, and more frequently, offsets the cost of the survey. In addition to large savings, information contained within the survey is of enormous value to a new owner.
As Professional Marine Surveyors We Have the following:
- Graduates of the Chapman School of Seamanship (Yacht and Small Craft Survey Course)
- ABYC Standards Accredited
- Members of SAMS® (Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors)
- 20 years of fiberglass and refitting experience on power and sailing vessels
- 30 years of sailing and boating experience As Marine Surveyors and members of SAMS®, we follow the code of ethics and rules of practice as prescribed by the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors.